Concepts to Understand
- What does the evidence suggest is the role of ankle bracing and taping in the prevention and treatment of ankle sprains? (do not rely on clinical experience, or “well I do/not believe in bracing”... what the evidence say?)
- What are shin splints? Why is the term “shin splint” insufficient? Be sure you can detail a good differential diagnosis for anterior shin pain.
- Ensure you know in detail the special tests for grade I, II, and III inversion ankle sprains.
- What are the Ottawa guidelines and how are they meant to be used?
- What are the different means of identifying a stress fracture of the foot? When is each most appropriate? Where might you see false negatives?
- Name 2-3 special tests for a syndesmotic ankle sprain. What is the typical mechanism of injury?
- What type of orthotic post would you use to address calcaneal (valgus/varus)?
Jason Henderson, Chief Executive Officer for Ergo Solutions LLC Based in Washington, DC. . As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, a national public speaker, consultant and educator. Since 2001, Jason has also served as a generational dynamics and diversity speaker, consultant, trainer and facilitator. His focus includes issues related to leadership, consumer service, recruiting and retention, training and development, marketing and branding, and a host of other mission critical issues.
In addition to speaking and training engagements, Jason also contributes to various publications and other media as a health care disparities expert. Dr. Henderson, graduated cum laude from the Florida A&M University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical therapy, Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Alabama State University, and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Maryland University College.
Dr. Henderson, DPT, MBA is a Philadelphia Native.