Cervical and Thoracic Spine (and Ribs) Review
Concepts to Understand
- What is a cervical radiculopathy, how does it present and how do you treat it? How is a cervical myelopathy different?
- Know the ICF Guidelines.
- What visceral structures refer to the thorax? What are the characteristics of a male and female MI?
- What is the controversy surrounding cervical manipulation/VBI testing and safety in this area?
- What are the deep neck flexors and what role do they play?
- How do you differentiate a cervicogenic headache from other headache types?
- For what patients is cervical manual therapy contraindicated? Traction?
Jason Henderson, Chief Executive Officer for Ergo Solutions LLC Based in Washington, DC. . As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, a national public speaker, consultant and educator. Since 2001, Jason has also served as a generational dynamics and diversity speaker, consultant, trainer and facilitator. His focus includes issues related to leadership, consumer service, recruiting and retention, training and development, marketing and branding, and a host of other mission critical issues.
In addition to speaking and training engagements, Jason also contributes to various publications and other media as a health care disparities expert. Dr. Henderson, graduated cum laude from the Florida A&M University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical therapy, Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Alabama State University, and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Maryland University College.
Dr. Henderson, DPT, MBA is a Philadelphia Native.