Concepts to understand
- What is so unique about the healing (or lack thereof) of articular cartilage? How is articular cartilage uniquely created to distribute forces?
- Open kinetic chain exercises versus closed kinetic chain exercises s/p ACL-‐reconstruction.... you can’t escape this question. What is safe, what is not?
- Which surgeries for articular cartilage damage are intended to allow an athlete return to sport, and which are not?
- What does the evidence suggest is the strengths and weaknesses about using a BPTB autograft? A hamstring autograft? Allograft? (do not lean on your own experience here... what does the literature say?)
- What will rehab look like the first 6-‐8 weeks after a femoral microfracture technique s/p ACL-‐R?
- What are secondary signs of an ACL tears (think radiologic), and what implications do they have for rehab?
- What is the concept behind a double-bundle ACL reconstruction, and why is its supposedly superior to a single-bundle ACL reconstruction?
Jason Henderson, Chief Executive Officer for Ergo Solutions LLC Based in Washington, DC. . As a Doctor of Physical Therapy, a national public speaker, consultant and educator. Since 2001, Jason has also served as a generational dynamics and diversity speaker, consultant, trainer and facilitator. His focus includes issues related to leadership, consumer service, recruiting and retention, training and development, marketing and branding, and a host of other mission critical issues.
In addition to speaking and training engagements, Jason also contributes to various publications and other media as a health care disparities expert. Dr. Henderson, graduated cum laude from the Florida A&M University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical therapy, Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Alabama State University, and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Maryland University College.
Dr. Henderson, DPT, MBA is a Philadelphia Native.